6 more sleeps!!

Guys, the only thing I can think about right now is coming home this week. like legit only 6 more sleeps and Ill be on a plane home! Dont ask me why Im like 5 billion times more dying to come home than usual, but I think it is partially because of the holidays, cold awful weather up here, I feel like work has just been tiring lately (probably because the holidays) and I just feel like its been forever. SO lets just say Im really really pumped for saturday. This last week, however, was actually a really good week. I mean nothing crazy, but nothing to completely complain about so thats good. 


Starting off on monday... SLC with the bro! He had an interview up there and it was also forecasted to come in and storm so to help drive and give him some company I decided to tag along. First stop was lunch...


I took him to really the only food place I know in SLC... The Pie. 


Spicy buffalo chicken pizza = the bomb. Drew approved. Then we ventured into the heart of downtown SLC and found where his interview was. I dropped him off and then I headed to city creek for some solo shopping. Oh so to explain what this interview is... its to be an HXP trip leader. We both went as kids on trips so now I think its pretty epic he could go as a little more experienced trip leader. He was confident and not too nervous going into the interview. After a few hours.... and I mean hours later... he came out and was happy with how it went. He won't know for sure till end of january, but theres a good chance he'll get the opportunity to be a trip leader this summer. Super fun day. We hit up swig on the way home and jammed to some christmas music. Luckily the storm only hit the last 20ish minutes of our drive. Tuesday was a lazy day... if I remember correctly or at least I don't have any pictures from that day. And Wednesday was back to work. Super good work week. Hospital is still short staffed and very busy, but this week I was blessed with enjoyable patients. I looked forward to seeing them the next morning which makes waking up a lot easier knowing your patients are good. 


Random picture of me and jesse to break up the writing. 


Saturday I didnt work until 3pm which is actually the best. This way I can sleep in and have a little bit of my saturday to enjoy and get stuff done. This particular morning I went to the temple! and then treated myself to a drink, christmas shopped, filled up my car and then lunch with jesse. And soon enough my post temple selfies won't include wet hair because...


One step closer to becoming endowed! I had my interview with the bishop today. Im so excited. Today I also had the opportunity to go to a local old folks home and help with the sacrament. I loved it. They had their choir singing today and it honestly made me emotional. Not sure why it made me tear up because honestly they weren't very good, but I just loved the spirit that was there. I feel the spirit so strong through music and I especially love all the christmas music numbers this time of year. After the meeting some of us kiddos walked around to certain rooms of patrons who couldn't make it to the meeting and we sang a song and gave them the sacrament. I loved being able to start my sunday off by doing this instead of sleeping in till noon and wasting my whole day. Anyways, Im surviving up here in the cold (barely), but Im excited for the sun and family time. See you guys so so soon! 

Comments

Popular Posts