Cowgirl Christmas

 Hey y'all. Good, good week. Like the funnest week I've had in awhile. Monday and Tuesday was homework and hanging out with family. But lets skip to wednesday. OOF Wednesday was a freaking blast. 


Erin, being the greatest person ever, bought tickets with me a couple months ago to see my absolute favorite country artist. So yes, Ive been looking forward to this day for a good couple months now. Erin and I hit the road and headed for Vegas baby!! 



First stop was the mall - some quick shopping and then Cane's!! 


Pretty sky! 


and least best thing of the day - vegan cookie dough. I aint even gonna pretend it was good because it wasnt. It was cardboard - straight up. But thats what I get for trying to eat dairy free. 


Queue country girl Laynee. We wasted some time walking around the Cosmopolitan and the strip. Oh and jamming in the car. Its always a proud moment when you can maneuver downtown las vegas and safely get to your destination. 


Enjoy all these pictures of us having a grand ole time. Im warning you now... LOTS of pictures!!




We got there pretty early and were one of the first ones in the door which means second/third row of standing room. Ive never had such good spots at a concert and I was pumped. Worth the wait. 



Look how close!!



I know I say this every concert I go to - but honestly thee greatest concert Ive ever been to. Cody Johnson came and put on a dang good show. I sang and danced my heart out, lost my voice and soaked in all the country goodness. I was in heaven. One of my favorite parts too was how patriotic everyone was and how Cody spoke about his religious beliefs and his love for God. Unlike any other concert Ive been to and I am full on converted to country music. #1COJOfan yeehaw




HAHA funny story - about this picture - not really appropriate for the blog so long story short we met these two cowboys on the strip and watched the fountain show with them after the concert. Kind of funny because we joked about meeting some hot cowboys and I guess dreams do come true kiddos haha. 


A worn out cowgirl


We stopped at a gas station on the way home and I picked up some hot cheetos and a bang so I could stay up and drive us home safely... well this is us at 3am just getting to my house. Worst part was the bang hit me too hard and I couldn't fall asleep till 5am - sheesh caffeine just kills me. At least I know caffeine is a dependable way for me to stay up lol. Seriously the funnest night. Grateful for Erin and her selflessness to buy a ticket with me to my favorite artist just because she knew it would make me happy. I slept from 5-8am and I was awake like nothing had happened the night before. Like I said... me and caffeine = a nono. 


Thursday was a school day and visiting lots of family. Friday was climbing! Dad, Chase and I hit the gym and went hard. Some pretty tough climbs and we went until we couldn't any longer. and boy did I feel it that night. I laid in bed and my forearms just ached because they were so dang tired. Feels good though to go hard until you couldn't. Chase's first time and he crushed it. We did this 5'10 with a pretty gnarly overhang... I couldn't quite hang with the men so I guess I need to continue to work on the upper body. Its crazy how addicting it is. I just wanna go back and finish that dang climb. 


After climbing I was craving a smoothie so for dinner I made this big ole honkin thing. Im not used to this big of a blender and I accidentally made a 3/4 liter smoothie haha. I drank the whole dang thing and it was delicious. 


Favorite tradition of the year - Wells fam Gingerbread competition. Seriously the competition gets more and more heated each year. Its epic. Everyone brings their A game trying to be more creative than last year. A few highlights was jakes Ikea, Evan made a bed and breakfast out of breakfast foods, george made an M&M house and even used the m&m wrapper in a decorative way, Lauri's Monster house and obviously my Nativity. 


I won most religious with the nativity - I thought it was pretty creative


Seth won most tropical with his jungle hut


Jack won most energy efficient lol


2021 above and 2020 below. 
Kind of fun to see us with a year difference. 



Lots of good times were had and Im grateful to live so close to family and be able to have these awesome traditions that keep us all so close. 



Durango's for lunch with the cousins. 
Like I said - Good, good week. Now time for finals and then christmas! Not too worried about finals. I only have two and my grades are good enough that i could honestly fail both of them and be fine. Definitely a good feeling and makes working hard all semester worth it. Crazy that Im going into my final semester as a nursing student. I feel like just yesterday I was a youngin in the program and had no clue what I was doing. Pumped for life. A lot of it is still up in the air at the moment, but its all gonna work out and Im excited. 

Comments

Popular Posts