Fall Break 2020!!

 Woo hoo I seriously cant believe we are already almost done with october. I feel like just yesterday people were fighting over toilet paper and we were spending all our time finishing puzzles. Well this fall break wasnt anything too crazy, but it was so much fun to spend time with my family. And if we are being honest, it was so nice having a break from school. Now just gotta grind this last month and half. Speaking of school... I had my final day of lab on wednesday. It was our pass off day and I passed! We passed off subcutaneous injections, administering medication via gastric tube, placing and removing a foley catheter and setting up a secondary med using an IV infusion pump. I really enjoyed it actually. Our instructors are so nice to help and teach instead of marking us wrong and wanting us to fail. It made things less intimidating and just an overall better learning environment which is always nice. It was all fun and games  until I got to my car.... I was just stoked to have the next week off school and head down to st george to chill with the fam but NO! I got a freaking parking ticket! I had a total of 3.5 days on campus out of the whole semester so duh Im not going to pay for a permit, well they caught me... my very last 30 minutes on campus and they caught me. Sheesh, I mean its only 15 bucks but still what the heck. Anyways I was still just stoked for the break. Thursday and friday we hung out, hot tubbed, shopped and ate out. All the good stuff. 


Pumpkin Smash smoothie for the win!
Saturday I was able to go to another appointment with my massage therapist. I am still bruised :')
But its worth it! I was also able to get in last minute to see Troy and get my sacrum adjusted and wow I haven't felt that good in weeks. In other news, I got a blood test today to see if my inflammation markers are elevated and what not so hopefully answers will be coming soon, but Ive been saying that for a year now so we'll see. I just get excited at any little thing that could possibly be the answer. Monday was an added day of fall break for the boys and Dad took work off so we went on a fun little fam hike. We've never done this one before, but it was really cool! The vortex - out by gunlock. nice easy 2 miles with lunch at the top!









I sure love southern Utah. We spent the rest of the day making pomegranate jelly, talking to drew and hot tubbing some more. Drew is doing really well. We were hiking in 90 degree weather while elder wells had 10 inches of snow this weekend. YIKES! He was excited for a true winter but I dont think he thought it would start this early! 



Comments

Popular Posts