Im safe and happy!

But that doesn't mean I don't miss my people back home...



I already know these kiddos are going to be HUGE when I get home! 


Me and the girlies saving isabelles car. Well Erin and Ash saved the car, 
the rest of us were there for moral support. 




Tuesday night all three of us spent our free games to Dixie bowl. 



Good thing for FaceTime and Marco Polo or else Id be screwed. 


I feel like everyone thinks Im dying, but IM NOT! promise!! Im only gone 4 months and its going to fly by. For the past little bit I haven't been too nervous or excited about leaving... I just really didn't want to have to say goodbye to everyone, because I hate goodbyes. I always have. I still remember when grandma would come visit us in Kentucky and I would bawl my eyes out everytime she had to leave. So nothing has changed. Well tuesday night I couldn't really sleep because the excitement really started kicking in. I went to bed around 11:30pm and I woke up at 2am. Yikes! I said goodbye to my brothers who were still half asleep. I scared the crap out of drew, seth was probably just sleep talking to me and jack gave me a good little hug. I gave mom a hug and me and dad headed out. We arrived to vegas before 4am and got my bags all checked in. Then the dreaded last and final goodbye. I knew after I said goodbye to dad I was on my own. No family, no anyone. I wasnt worrying about getting through the airport alone, it was more just knowing it would be so long till I saw them again ya know? Well long day of traveling short, I crushed the airport. All of them actually. My first stop was New York then off to Amsterdam. And it was a piece of cake. Highlight of the day: This cute boy told me good morning in his cute little accent and then winked at me. Not even mad. Next stop was VILNIUS!! This travel day wore me out, but it isn't even close to the Thailand travel days. Vilnius Lithuania is cold folks. Like really cold. I haven't seen much yet, but I can for sure say there is no such thing as "the sun" over here. Once our whole group showed up, we headed to our little apartment. When I say little, I mean little. But I love it. Ive never lived with roommates, but 5 girls in this apartment will definitely be an experience. All the girls are awesome and Im excited to get to know them better. 


New York selfie. 


Leaving America. I just love the quality of my iPhone, its the best. 


Waking up to this in Amsterdam !!



Last flight! One more to go!!



So there IS such thing as the sun over here... its just on the other side of this blanket of clouds. Once we crossed through the clouds, this is what I saw! 



We cooked some dang good ramen on that little stove for dinner. We haven't gone to the store yet so we ate leftovers from the volunteers from last semester. Tomorrow we are exploring the city, shopping and doing some training. Well, I'm doing awesome and Im excited to learn more and see more. I asked one of our native coordinators how to say some phrases: hello - Labas, thank you - Atchu (like when sneezing) then someone asked how to say "excuse me" and it was way too hard. She says Lithuanian is a super hard language so no I am not coming home fluent, sorry. Anyways, Im alive and well. Much love <3



Comments

Popular Posts