I want all the thai babies

Just like the sunday before, we were able to start the day off by playing with the kids at the orphanage. Right as we got there, Wan came and found me and gave me a hug. We played for a few minutes, but then she had to leave and I never saw her again. How sad?! I didn't even get to say goodbye, but my friend for the day was a girl named Son. She was older than Wan, but still the sweetest girl ever. I also played a lot with these two other kids and sadly I don't know their names, but really all the kids were so nice and the little boy that I played with gave me the cutest little bracelet that I have not taken off since he gave it to me. Halfway through the morning, Jayci asked if I wanted to sneak over to hold the babies. Without any hesitation I said yes. Just a few of us went over to the cribs and it was the sweetest thing Ive ever seen. About three babies to a crib, and when they saw us walking over they would reach their arms up and we held them for a little bit. All these little kids want is someone to love them and they don't have that. There were literal newborns and I can't even stand the thought of these kids having to grow up with no family.  Let's all go back to thailand and adopt all of them. I really really want to. After holding these precious babies for a little bit we headed back to the older kids. Luckily we got to play with the babies more throughout the week. Im serious about going back and getting them though. 




Bff Son <3







After a morning of craziness, we ate some cupcakes with the kids and said our goodbyes. Son would not leave my side and I wanted to cry. Everyone had left, and she was still eating her cupcake beside me, while holding my hand. I wanted so badly to bring her with me. We arrived at church sweaty and stinky once again, but I loved it. At least we were sweaty and stinky for a good reason. Church was awesome, just as it was the week before. After our potluck dinner we put on a fireside for the youth. We had a speaker, a couple testimonies and then we sang A Childs Prayer duet. It was super awesome. The party wasn't over after that... we played some games with the youth after the fireside. Im telling ya, church is a party in Thailand. We were at church from 2-8. We played this game where you have to change seats without getting tagged, then we played a thai game called squirrel in the hole and it was crazy fun. There was one point when I was a squirrel and I was viciously trying to find a new hole and once I found my hole I look over and one of the thai boys was making fun of my because apparently I was being a ferocious squirrel haha. It was so much fun. I really think this is one reason I never got homesick... getting to know the members so well and getting to know my group so well and loving everyone and everything we did made it so easy to feel at home even though I was across the world. Still blows my mind. 


How cool is this picture?! I love these people!! 
And with a blink of an eye we are to our last week of the trip! Where did the dang time go? We started at the new worksite monday morning, but whats an EFY trip without a prank? ok so us girls pranked the boys and we got them SO good. I won't go into too much detail, but me and the boys were really close so monday morning we planned it out that I was being sent home for some reason. The boys heard that apparently I woke up to a phone call and I cried all morning and I was on the next flight to LA. They saw me walk out with my luggage and our trip leader Jayci was with me. Our other trip leader, Hollis, held a devotional about trials and asked someone to mention me in the opening prayer. So like the boys totally fell for it. Who wouldn't tho? So usually the boys are super crazy and rambunctious, but apparently that morning they were dead silent and straight faced. The girls said Jesse looked like he was going to cry and Zac kept saying how shook he was. Well, me and Jayci had our own scripture study in the front lobby and we waited for the boys to leave on the first bus to the worksite. We hopped on the second bus and met them at the site. All the girls got out and went and asked the boys for help to unload some cement in the bus. Well they came over to the bus and when they saw me their jaws literally dropped. Zac yells "You TOOLBAG" hahaha and the boys were soo mad that they took off running down the road. HAH I told you we got them good. We later hugged it out and they told me how happy they were that I was still around. But they also told me how worried they were when they found out I was going home, so that was sweet. Anyways, us girls were proud of our prank and the boys were good sports about it. 


Me and Jayci waiting to surprise the boys. 


The new worksite was at the orphanage. We started work on a new study room for the kids. We did a lot of cutting trees down, digging holes, putting up super heavy cement pillars and starting the roof. We also got to play with the babies for an hour each morning. Sweetest things ever. One morning we got to go into the nursery's and play with them and it was the cutest thing to have these little kids run up to you with smiles and show you all their toys. If I disappear I'm either driving boats with Thaam, Ive become a mahout for the new baby elephant, or I am working at the orphanage and playing with these cute kiddos. 



This hole was mine and Jayci's baby. The hole was supposed to be 80cm so when we got close to 80cm we called over bro. bee and he told us it still needed more digging so I kept digging. Apparently I dug halfway to china though. Pong comes over to measure the hole a little bit later and it was 100cm deep. haha. He looks at me and laughs and says "too deep, very strong" and points at me. haha. I love Pong so much. We literally dug until the ground was soft. Towards the end of digging our hole, the ground was literally wet clay/mud and I was just digging with my hands. It was really fun, but it was just hard to get to the bottom because it was so deep. whoops. So we filled the hole in with some rocks, but not till after we took some pics of our awesome hole. 









I can't express how grateful I am for these few weeks I had in Thailand. Seems like a dream now, but seriously in the moment LIFE WAS SO GOOD! Life is still freaking awesome in stg, but nothing compares to thai babies, spicy food and chocolate drinks, mud fights and service.


Comments

Popular Posts