Christmas 2017

Christmas Eve this year was on a sunday which I loved.  We had an awesome sacrament meeting program, hiked the red hill with family and spent some time with great grandma in the rehab facility.  I love the tradition of hiking the dixie on christmas eve.  We met up with dad's side of the family and messed around on the rocks for a little bit.  I successfully made it through the crack again, but dang I feel like it gets tighter and tighter every year!  Here's some cool pics we took with our handy dandy go pro. 




up close go pro selfies are the best. 


jackjack


Wishing Traci's fam and the Mwells fam could be here. 




We were able to spend a little time with grandma as we colored, ate some treats and played some bingo! OH ya!  After stopping by great grandmas, we had dinner at lauri's.  Some delicious mexican as usual.  We chatted and played with the cousins and even had a dance party.  To end the night, grandma handed out presents to all the grandkids.  We always get a pack of 20 one dollar bills and then this year grandma gave us all a mug to paint so that we would all have a cup to drink out of when we visit her in pine valley!  We headed home to then open some christmas jammies and get to bed. I was woken up around 7 am by seth who was pretty pumped to go downstairs and open presents.  I met my brothers a few minutes later in my parents room as we waited patiently for the ok from dad to rush into the living room.  We got the ok and headed into the living room. I love christmas morning.  To see the excitement of everyone so early in the morning is just awesome. Some of my favorite presents were a nice big luggage set, a polaroid camera, a hammock, a salt lamp and my hot cheetos of course.  For not telling my mom or santa what I wanted this year... I thought they did a 10/10 job.  The boys got drones, rollerblades, laser tag guns, and a bunch of candy.  One of my favorite things was seth got a huge picture collage poster of some pictures from the little league world series tournament and he was staring at that thing all morning. It is a pretty epic poster. Around 10:30 we had our traditional christmas breakfast at nikki's house.  Ive been looking forward to those biscuits and gravy for months now. did not disappoint. Monday afternoon we played with our presents and set everything up.  The family met back up later that evening at our house for chinese take out. Good stuff. 

Cute little babies hanging out under the tree. 


Tuesday was a pretty relaxed day. Me and shawnee wanted to go test out our new hammocks so we drove around and actually found ourselves in toquerville.  We parked and started setting up our hammocks.  We pull them out and we literally have the exact same hammock.  Same color and everything... what are the odds. ahaha. We successfully did it after taking quite a bit of time to learn how to tie knots.





I made sure to wear my cool new hat while hammocking. 
plus I didn't feel like washing my hair soo.....
Now Im sitting in my bed sick as a dog.  I think I picked up some type of flu like virus that started yesterday.  Last night was probably one of the worst nights ever... won't get into details but it wasn't pretty. Anyways hopefully I start to get better because this weekend is supposed to be a good one!
Hope everyone had a merry christmas! 

Comments

Popular Posts