Big week for bussley!

 It's been a pretty dang good week. Ive had the week off from school which has been quite nice and boring. I had four days of work this week which included only really working Monday. I had a nurse resident follow me and do all my work on Tuesday and then Wednesday and Thursday were just online trainings all day. So it was a pretty easy and boring week of work too. I got off at 3 o'clock on Thursday and headed straight home to celebrate the last few hours of jackies birthday with him. 


Pasta factory on the menu as always the day before a race.


And moms homemade cheesecake for dessert. Mom and dad work at the temple on Thursdays so it was just jack and I. The big 17. Crazy that my littlest bro is so dang old now. 


Speaking of Jackie - this weekend of racing went practically perfect. If you ask jack he'll tell ya he's been in a mental rut the last 4-5 weeks not being able to break his PR of 4:30 in the 1600m. Well last week he hit a whopping 2:02 in the 800 (a PR from a 2:07) and I guess that broke through his mental battle. He said he knew Dixie was going to be a good meet and yep I would say it was. He ran a 4:26:49 in the 1600m. Crushed his PR! We were all jumping and cheering as he was coming through the last few meters knowing he had finally broke 4:30. I ran up to him on the infield after his race and we both started crying a little bit. He now has the fastest mile time ever ran of all of his buddies and teammates at this time. We also did some digging and found he is the 6th fastest ever junior at desert hills. He's hoping to move up that podium a little more before his junior year ends. That night we celebrated his race and birthday at good ole Texas Roadhouse.


 The next morning he turned around and ran another PR in the 800m. Wasn't as large of a PR - 2:02:82 to 2:02:28 - but still a PR. A little bit faster each time can make a pretty big difference in the long run. Super fun weekend watching jacks hard work and dedication pay off - he's still hungry for more though. 



Got to do initiatories with mom in the Red cliffs temple Friday morning! My family seems to live there these days, but it was my first time at this temple. Mom gave me the grand tour. We also saw so many people we knew which was so fun. We were greeted by Jan - one of dads old employees, we saw some old neighbors, uncle Kason, moms aunt and I met a lady who went to school with mom and dad. It's kind of my favorite thing to go to the temples in st George because people see my last name and usually know a relative. 


The rest of the weekend has been watching captain Phillips, playing cards with grandma, hot tubbing, getting slushies, walking with mom and today the sunshine is finally out so hopefully some laying out??? Always a good time in St. George. I leave tomorrow after some doctors appointments to head back up to work, but I'll be down again in less than a week. haha. Most the people I work with give me crap saying I live in St. George and just commute to SLC for work... I mean they aren't completely wrong. 

Comments

Popular Posts