Sunday Game Nights

 A new tradition that was started as of late is cozy Sunday night game nights at Karee's place. She lives in the foothills of the Provo mountains and in like a cabin themed cozy house. As pictured below...


Christmas tree is up, snow on the deck and Christmas music playing in the background as we catch up on the drama of our lives and yell at each other while playing games all night long. It's been fun, so we did it again tonight and its quite literally the only thing Ive been looking forward to all week. We play this game called Bank and its pretty much gambling... It's my favorite game at the moment and Im pretty dang good at it. We also play rummy, sorry Charlie, what do you meme and other stuff. 



Family dinner plus cookie dough last week - compliments to Karee


Im grateful to have good friends that I can have fun with and cool off with after a long week. Nothing really else happened this week. Work was better than last week, but still very exhausting. Mr. Farmer is causing a lot of nurses some physical and emotional trauma. I called a rapid response on him Friday morning due to super low blood pressures plus being symptomatic. On top of that he was showing signs of sepsis with high heart rate and a temp of 102.3. Overall not doing well. All the responders of the rapid came and the primary team resident pretty much shewed everyone away saying this was his "normal". All the nurses were pretty upset with this doc. But I spent the first 8 hours of my shift in his room getting his blood pressure up, drawing labs and cultures, getting new access on him, cleaning him up and dressing wounds and just holding his hand. He's exhausting, but I do feel really bad for him. At the end of the day he told me how grateful he was that I was his nurse and that I was able to be there for him throughout this more difficult day. I don't necessarily love everything about my job, but I do love being able to help people through hard times, so it was rewarding to hear that from him. It also gives me a little more patience and reminds me that these are real people and not just crabby patients. So that's work. School is fine, definitely keeping me busy. Erin has had a rough week, which in turn reflects onto my week. Im not quite sure why this second time around has been so much more difficult for me - but it has. I hate seeing the people I love suffer and it really sucks when it's your best friend. I was supposed to see her on Monday at her treatment appointment at huntsman's, but her white blood cell count was too low. They postponed treatment for another week, she was able to go home, but she then developed a neutropenic fever. She has spent the rest of the week in the hospital receiving IV antibiotics, meds to help the fevers and daily shots to increase her white count. Good news - finally - she was released this morning after 24 hours of no fevers and her WBC count back to 11.0. She will have a couple more days to recover and will be back up to huntsman for treatment on Wednesday which Im very excited for. Gotta take the wins when we can and Im really hoping she stays healthy enough (and I stay healthy enough) that I can see her in a couple days. Other positives from the week - my face is frozen with botox and that makes me feel good. I saw the new hunger games movie which was a 10/10. and that's about it, but we'll take it. Hope everyone else is doing well. 

Comments

Popular Posts