Welcoming the holiday season :/

 So far the holiday season really blows. This week started out pretty good in St. George. I got a lot of errands done and spent a lot of money whoops. Just like last year, I had to head up the road Wednesday afternoon to make it to work on Thursday (Thanksgiving). Never fun to work the bigger holidays like this one, but oh well. Work this week was... well... like I said earlier... blows. Its not to often I drive home from work and due to pure exhaustion am I brought to tears. Welp that was this week. There has been a huge amount of death, codes, and just super sick patients recently that are kinda wearing everyone down right now. My co-workers say the holidays always bring these kind of patients to the hospital. This week we also started charging multiple days in a row. It makes sense to have the charge nurse know all the patients on the floor for the week, but it really had me pooped. Doesn't help that I had a pretty difficult patient on top of all this. I was up to my elbows in poop dealing with three leaking ostomy bags and three other fistulas and abscesses leaking more poop and pus. The patient himself is nice most of the time, but is very emotionally draining to work with. 


On top of a hard work week... it dumped snow up here, my back hurts, I think Im starting to get sick and I have a lot of homework to do. Ok done being a downer. One of the only good things about this week - ya know my first big paper I did for school last week?? I got a 294/300 on it. I didn't think it was that good of a paper, but my teacher said she really liked it. Pretty proud considering she's kind of a stickler. Ok Im done. Short blog, but let's hope this week is better than last. 

Comments

Popular Posts