Jazz Aquarium - Dad

 Well you heard it here first folks... Jazz Aquarium brought to us by Spencer Wells himself. I hate making up titles so it's just gonna have to do. Well this week was busy like usual. Work, school and procrastinating  homework to instead hang out with friends. It's called balance. So monday... I was planning on a full day of resting and writing my paper for the week. Well, Jesse called me and decided she was going to ditch school for the day SO we hit up the aquarium and lunch for a fun afternoon. I have never been to the aquarium up in SLC and she knows I love those type of things so she suggested it and of course I was so in. We might've been the oldest ones there without kids, but oh well. It was fun and Jesse only almost fell into the stingray pond once. 


Tuesday through Friday I worked... We are fairly short staffed now and through December due to sickness, holidays and a few people leaving so I signed up for an overtime shift in December and ended up picking up overtime on Friday. I was only scheduled for an 8 hour shift, but when I got to work we were completely full of patients and not many nurses so I volunteered to stay a little longer even though I had plans that night. It ended up being a super crazy day (I was charge nurse that day) and I only ended up getting pissed off by a few of my coworkers. We'll count it as a win. I ditched out around 6pm and headed downtown to the Delta Center for the Jazz vs. Suns game. 


This wasn't just your average Jazz game... Erin was gifted 24 free box seats with the whole experience included. It was definitely a night to remember. We were given a few free t-shirts, Erin was given a ball signed by the whole team, we were taken down through the tunnels and walked onto the court where we high fived the players as they ran onto the court for warm ups. Plus the box seats and free dinner. yeah, a very generous gift for Erin and all her friends and family. Erin says it was one of the top three moments of her life. Pretty awesome night and perfect timing right before Erin started her first treatment of chemo. It's been a rough couple of days with her having a scary reaction to chemo yesterday and a few more bumps in the road since then. It's really hard to watch one of my best friends struggle physically and emotionally through this trial. I wish I could do more, but I guess for now all I can do is support her by attending these rad jazz games :)) Jk and FaceTime and visit her and lots more, but Jazz games are fun too. 



Too many memories with this one and many more to come. <3
Saturday I headed down to stg and I've been hanging with family since. Nothing super crazy - just homework, errands like buying this new laptop! Yes this is the first blog written on my new laptop since my last one just died two days ago. I got my hair done, listened to dads church lesson, played cards with grandma, watched some Christmas movies and laughed way too hard watching funny videos and memes with Jackie. 


Well that's all. I head back up north tomorrow and work thanksgiving day. Working holidays suck, but at least I have Christmas off. Life is hard, but good. Love y'all. 

Comments

Popular Posts