Ketchup

 Hello, Hello. Im back agh. Im sorry for sucking, please forgive me. Well lets start by taking it back a couple weeks... some unexpected news of my cousin passing away. Mom texted me labor day morning telling me the news. I was in shock so I called to verify what I had read over text. As I sat in my bed, on the phone with my mom, crying, I soon started to feel sick. Sick for my aunt and uncle and what they were going through. Sick knowing that my cousin was going through a hard enough time in his life that he thought ending his would be the solution. And sick knowing that Bailey isn't the first nor the last to deal with this. Monday was a rollercoaster of emotions to say the least. I am convinced that the reason I got legit sick - picked up a dang cold - is because I spent all day crying. Anyways - just love people y'all. Its not hard and we really and truly don't have any clue what others are going through. I was able to drive down to stg for the funeral. Ill be the first to say it... I hate funerals. I just sit and cry my eyes out and let me just say it isn't pretty!! Well, the plus side to the funeral is bringing the family together. Which I loved. The cole's stayed at our house the night before. We swam and played mario kart. Got to see janci and maggie, and we had a lot of extra help in the garden picking beans after bailey's burial and luncheon. 








We also made time for mtn biking our new fav trail


It was a quick weekend trip for me. I headed back up sunday night so that I could make it to my first clinical of the semester bright and early monday morning! 


Scary picture, but you know me just trynna keep it real. Me at 4:50 in the AM. And let me add - after not getting any sleep. Whenever I have an important early morning alarm I can never sleep well. I woke up every hour from 1:30 till 4:30. SUCKY! I was assigned IMC surgical transplant unit. I loved it. We had four patients. Most with liver problems. One guy was in a rollover accident - lacerated his liver and kidneys. Poor guy had tubes coming out the yingyang. Did a lot of medication administration, some injections, an IV, a blood transfusion and a lot of IV piggyback. We were going non-stop all shift. Really no break at all which made the day fly by. So I survived!


Had more energy than I thought after a long day so we climbed the Y. 
ya bad idea. that hike is kinda the worst. Next morning was lab! I love lab. Went well and Im happy to report as of right now I am feeling like a confident nursing student. Tuesday after lab - me and joshua headed back down south. Really putting the mileage on my car these last couple weeks. COVID vaccine #2 that night. Felt good and slept good. Woke up and it hit me. Hotter than balls all day long and couldn't cool off! Body aches and just a not fun day. Thursday Josh and his fam were kind enough to show my family the ropes (haha get it?) of rock climbing. 







Erin tagged along and look at that sunset!! Fears were faced and toes were injured, but good times were had and dad already bought his own pair of climbing shoes. 







Ok best part of the night or maybe my life... earlier in the evening dad was telling us about the tarantula he had recently ran into on his bike ride in pine valley. Being the weird reptile/spider girl I am I was jealous that I had never seen or held a tarantula. As we were hiking back to our cars we were talking about how awesome (or how not awesome if you are josh) it would be to run into a tarantula. I kid you not less than 5 minutes later we hear up ahead "hey here is a tarantula" I was dead. I was so dang pumped. Top 5 moment for sure.


Friday was dad's work party!! woohoo we love a good excuse to party in PV!! 
I loved seeing some of my favorite people and catching up with them. Plus the homemade root beer is always top notch.




Daisy and her babies. Most trusting deer out there, thats for sure. 


Saturday morning more climbing with the thatchers. They made me lead my first climb. I climbed it first with top rope and then after I was comfortable with the route I did it again leading. It was dope. I was nervous until I started climbing then you just get into the zone. Right as I finished with that climb it started down pouring on us and the winds picked up a ton. We hurried and packed up our stuff and bolted to the car. Good morning though - I did three climbs. Getting better slowly but surely. 


We headed back up north sunday afternoon. We had dinner plans with an old high school coach of ours - coach madsen. He made us some good meat and potatoes. Monday morning was my second clinical of the semester. Same place - IMC but different unit. This time I was on same day surgery. Honestly very similar to what I was used to at desert pain. Pre-op and post-op. I love the feeling after just a quick one 12 hour shift how confident I can be. I feel like I could work there tomorrow and pick it up so quick. 


Tuesday morning I got to hang with my fav fam up here in Orem. Ive missed these kiddos a ton. Got slurpees with the littles, drove to Lehi to pick up Chase from baseball and even got to catch up with tessa's boy drama. Welp I believe that catches me up to present day... first Med Surg test is this week which Im excited to get over with. Life is good as always. Love y'all. 

Comments

Popular Posts