Everyone's a winner!

 NOT! Some kids may be learning that everyone is a winner, but not here in the wells family. The annual gingerbread house making competition is a serious tradition and kids learn young that it takes hard work and dedication to win the honor of being "overall best". Just like in years past, Joellen was amazing and made all our gingerbread houses and brought all the icing and candy. We met at the Innovation plaza at DSU and got to work. It is kind of awesome how serious everyone takes this tradition. We all get really into it - planning ahead our designs, hoarding all the icing and candy we will need and taking hours to complete. And in the process of decorating, also eating candy until our bellies hurt. Once we are done we line the houses up and let James start the judging process. Everyone does win a small prize such as "best roof", "best use of candy" etc. But we all just wanna know who wins best overall. Kyle won the best overall for parents, Mae won best overall for kiddos and JACK won best overall for teens. Wootwoot. Annie was pretty bummed she didnt win and she cried the rest of the time. Im telling ya, this tradition is seriously everyones favorite. I love it. 



Seth eating his decorations


the 3 OG girl cousins




Love traditions, family time and this time of year. The rest of this week has been decent. Lots of catching up with school and hunkering down for finals. My computer was struggling to let me take my test on friday which was frustrating, but I was able to use shawnee's computer and I surprisingly I did well on my test. Super nice going into finals with my lowest grade being a 97%. Definitely takes away the stress of finals. What Im most preparing for right now is my Head to Toe assessment on tuesday. Pretty nervous. I have to assess everything from cranial nerves, ROM, auscultating heart and lungs etc in less than 20 minutes in front of my professor so hopefully that goes well. I was also called into work this week which was awesome! Ive missed working so dang much. I was called into Pre-op which was intimidating because its been a hot minute since doing IV's and so forth, but the day went well. Ive missed my coworkers, the patients and getting paid so it feels good to be back. 


Some random pictures of the week:
We helped out Tan's treats and packed up some oatmeal for children. 


Sethy for some reason chilling with his pants at his ankles. lol he'd kill me if he knew I posted this picture - good thing he doesn't read this. 


Last but not least - got a good laugh out of this little sign at my muscle alignment place. Grateful for my health and I hope everyone who has covid can overcome it, but dang Im over all this. Im also over my back pain. I have been doing so good the last month - like SO good. The best Ive felt in over a year and then just like that its back. Im not sure what Im supposed to learn from this trial, but Ive about had it. I try to remind myself that other people have it worse than me, but Im human and sometimes its hard to remember that. 

Comments

Popular Posts