'Merica

Fourth of July is easily one of my favorite holidays. I love watching the fireworks on a warm summer night with family and friends, but I would say my favorite thing about celebrating the fourth is the homemade rootbeer. Homeade rootbeer never disappoints and I sure did drink enough to last me through to next summer. To start off the fourth, we headed to pine valley where we met up with some family.  We ate some good food as always and played a killer game of kickball.  It was me, my brothers and jeremy against Kason, erika, landree, shane and ethan (the old folks). The first few innings we had them at 7-0. We thought for sure we would win, but we had a bad inning in the outfield and they made a comeback. I guess the old people just needed longer to warm up... It was definitely a hard loss. We also visited grandma and randy and relaxed up at their pine valley hideaway. 



Me and claws watching the boys make rootbeer and catch snakes. 





Later that night me and shawnee checked out the fair in the middle of town and then watched the fireworks with her family.  We were also those girls with matching american flag bandanas so get on our level. 


It was also little taytum's birthday this week. Me and tay both love watching the bucket list family on youtube and so for her birthday I got her some temporary tattoos from their online store and she loved them. She's the sassiest, friendliest, smartest 6 year old Ive ever met. Love ya tay. 



Saturday night me and shawnee were having a lazy night watching riverdale, but then we got a text to meet up with some friends at the fair.  So we told Jaiden and Jake whoever sees each other first wins. So me and shawnee got to the fair, walked around a bit and had a game plan to go into the shaded, dark area in the trees to look for them. As we were walking over we saw them, followed them and took a creepy pic of them for proof that we won. So they paid for our tickets. heck ya. Girl power. We went on the boat ride and the swing ride. Both very fun. As we were figuring out what to do next, we decided to run through the sprinklers. Why not? We got drenched and muddy but it was fun. The people at the fair probably thought we were crazy, but they aren't wrong. We decided to head back to shawn's and start a scary movie. So far it's a dang scary movie. We all had early church so we didn't finish it, but Im somewhat looking forward to that tomorrow. 


And this week I would totally recommend these flavors: kiwi, lemon-lime and horchata. 


This is farewell for a couple weeks. The past couple days I have been packing, spraying my clothes and shopping for snacks, a shovel and some traveling essentials. Im leaving tuesday morning for a super rad service trip and hopefully I live through it to tell the stories... if not, this would be a super awful cliff hanger. Anyways Im so so excited and Ill be back on the 29th!! 
laaeo phohp gan mai!!!

Comments

Popular Posts