End of summer happenings...
Alright I have some catching up to do... I know. But in all honestly it's been pretty ho hum the last few weeks so I think I mostly just have some random photos to share. Lets see...
Back to work after a nice week in Alaska...
lots of random selfies - red light mask plus my new hoodie.
3am breakfast burrito
latest obsession is just getting a spicy filet from chick-fila. A quick yummy hit of protein.
If I chop my hair it is usually at the beginning of summer and this summer I wasnt planning on doing a chop, but I all of a sudden got super overstimulated with my long hair and needed to chop it immediately so...
10 inches gone and I feel like a new woman. I love short hair.
Spent some time in St George. Got me two rock chucks while up in pine valley.
Garden is looking good and we got to start harvesting!
Dad with another. Total count was three for the day.
New potatoes on the menu for the next week. Not mad one bit.
Visited Bama and Randy. Randy has these little quails that I played with (more like probably scared the crap out of them).
Fish'n chips. Halibut from Alaska and new potatoes from the garden 10/10.
Dad and I did a wicked stair workout. 10 laps in under an hour. 57 minutes to be exact. I want to do this again, but also I literally couldn't walk for a week so I don't think it's entirely worth it. tough, but I enjoyed it in the moment.
Lots of this.
Back to work... Im still reading btw. Whenever people ask me how my summer is going or what ive been doing I just tell them Ive been reading. I love it.
Madi and I started our own little book club. Each month one of us chooses a book neither of us has read and then at the end of the month we go on a walk and talk about it. August book club✅ Im already so excited for Septembers book club walk.
More reading. At work we've had this geri-psych patient 1:1 for over three months. It's been brutal to say the least. Having a 1:1 hits us hard with staffing and having him be there for so long has really just been exhausting. He's confused, is constantly trying to escape, is not afraid to get physical with staff and usually refuses all his meds that help him be a little more cooperative or to help him sleep. Every once in awhile he would have a good night, but most of the time it was a pain to sit the 1:1. This is me on a good night where I was able to read practically my whole book while he slept. Hallelujah.
A really pretty sunset.
I took about 6 weeks off running due to a calf issue. But Ive slowly eased back into it. Ive been enjoying a few miles just a few times a week.
Waking up at 3pm means a nice hot, sweaty run before work.
And now we are to this weekend... Maycee's wedding! The prettiest venue for the prettiest bride. So fun spending the evening with family and celebrating maycee and her husband Connor. Truly never seen maycee happier and I think we are all stoked for her.
Fancy black tie wedding was actually kinda fun. I enjoy getting dressed up every once in awhile. The wedding was pretty intimate which I liked. The food was delicious and the weather (even with a little bit of rain) was pretty much perfect.
all the cousins.
Plus we love a good dance party. The wells' know how to bring the party when the music gets cranked up. My favorite of the night was Low by Flo rida. I mean cmon we've been dancing to that song as cousins since we were kiddos at cousins camp in grandmas basement.
A late night and very early morning to hit the road and head to emery county for the second annual Erin Hurst memorial run. There were even more people there this year than last and the weather was also nicer this year than last (even with the little bit of rain). As of two weeks ago I hadn't started running again so I had told Erin's grandpa I would just walk the 3k with him, but I decided to full send the 10k with Katelyn and it was a blast. It flew by while we chatted and sang to music. Katelyn even hit a PR. 55 minutes. It was fun to help her push through the last mile or two. Her original plan was to start with 9:50s and there was never an idea to go sub 9. I told her that wasnt going to happen. Our first mile was 9:12 and we only dropped it from there ending with an 8:18 last mile. I was proud of her and her friend. Erin is probably stoked too. On my drive to EC, I found myself thinking "ten years ago I would've never believed that I would willingly travel to EC as often as I do" and to think that I have like a legit second family there. I really do love it. The whole community is just epic. One big family and Im a part of it. I love showing up and knowing all of Erin's people. Her friends that live there, her highschool running coach, her neighbors and obviously grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. I know them all and they know me and I love it. Even when Erin passed away I don't think I would've thought that I would be sitting at a table eating lunch with her aunt and uncle and just knowing them so well. It's kind of crazy. This year I pulled in to the parking lot where everyone parks for the run and frank, who was directing traffic, told me to turn around and park further up the road where the finish line was. This was where all the family had parked. As Im pulling in I see Erins grandparents so I roll down my window and say "I guess I get family parking this year" and Sherrill (Erins grandpa) says "Well, you are family aren't ya?" It makes me happy.
Our friend group is a little smaller this year with Sara and Isabelle missing, but it's always good time to catch up and see what everyone is up to. All of them chasing little kiddos around and then there's me haha. We enjoyed a good pulled pork lunch and hung out with the family for a bit before I hit the road back home. Once I got home I had a nice little nap which hit the spot after waking up at 0530 this morning. Then I finished off my Saturday with leg day at the gym. Ive been enjoying going to the gym lately (I don't take pics at the gym - I aint that type of gym bro). Other honorable mentions about life recently... Drew and Emma are back in Utah! After a scary accident on their way home they are safe and with a new car. Ashley is finally pregnant!!! I couldn't be happier for her other than she is terribly sick this first trimester (hopefully the vomiting stops after the first trimester). I got to hang out with Karee recently which was fun because I haven't seen her in forever. Im still looking for jobs... and by that I mean I scroll indeed every once in awhile and Im still waiting to hear back from some VA jobs ive applied to (my hopes aren't very high for those though). Honestly I don't mind holding off on being an NP. I love my life right now. yes, would I love an excuse to move to the beach... duh. and a new job would be just the reason to do it, but Im also so happy working nights as an RN right now. I make good money, I like the people I work with, I like my freedom on nights and I love my stress free life at the moment. Spending my free time reading or running or traveling or lifting or just sleeping. So yeah I know I went to school to be a nurse practitioner and as of right now all that time and money and stress is going to waste, but it'll happen eventually. Im not too worried. Well I think that wraps up my life rn.





























Comments
Post a Comment