Summer lovin'

Life update: I work about 3 days a week. Dad and I are training for some marathons and because of the early mornings I usually tend to go to bed pretty early, but I still make time to have a good time. Nothing beats a summer in stg. Ive been spending my extra time in the pool (duh), in Zion, pine valley, at the lake and chilling at home just enjoying summer evenings. 




Our neighbors took us out for an evening on the lake. I guess Im an old lady because I seriously woke up so sore the next morning from tubing. I was sore for like a week! 


Spent the morning of the fourth up in Pine Valley. Got to take grandmas pink scooter out on the town.  Seth rocks the pink helmet. 






We are truly blessed to live in this country. #USA
That night we watched some fireworks from our backyard. There were fireworks being lit off in every direction and our rock in the back was the best seat in the house. My parents went to Vegas to pick drew up from the airport. We finished the night with hearing some Jerusalem stories and getting some sick souvenirs. 



Let the summer training and two-a-days commence. Three miles are nothing, unless its done in 103 degree weather. We just love the desert heat don't we?!


My mom is afraid we are going to get malled by a mountain lion on our trail runs so this one is dedicated to her...


Saturday we headed out on the Kolob Arch trail and boy was it an adventure. We were first greeted by a baby rattlesnake eating it's breakfast (mouse in mouth), about got my head taken off by a tree branch - literally my hair got stuck and it stopped me dead in my tracks, eaten alive by mosquitos and  freaking painful little horseflies - our legs were littered with bugs while running along the river, and last but not least totally biffing it. Woohoo gotta love trail running. Not to mention the brutal uphill the last mile or so of the 14 miler. Sometimes I really question myself - Why the crap do I enjoy this? Why do I wake up at 5am, or earlier, on a saturday to run?! Ya, Im not sure, but I do and I really do enjoy it. It helps that we are at least running in the most beautiful place on earth...



Whelp. There's that. A little life update. Im also learning IV's at work, decided to start going to the singles ward - and actually enjoying it more than I thought, meeting new people, and trying to make better habits like eating healthier and spending my time wisely instead of wasting time on netfilx. Oh and speaking of Netflix - I also finished Stranger things season 3, but now that Im done with that Ill work harder on not wasting time haha. Life is good - I feel like Im at a stand still right now though so that makes me excited to get back into school. 








Comments

Popular Posts